It’s been a hot and humid summer and if you have been experiencing tired, achy, swollen feet and heel pain, it’s time for a Summer Foot Detox!
While you continue to embrace those colorful flip flops and open toe sandals and loafers and enjoy the beach, you want to make sure your feet are looking and feeling healthy, and at the same time, prevent unsightly plantar warts, plantar fasciitis, foot infections, ingrown and fungal toenail infections. Getting rid of these common foot problems can be a difficult task using home remedies and prevention is key.
Here are some ways to prevent Toenail Fungus:
- Regularly clip your toenails and cut them straight across.
- Always wear the correct shoe size and make sure you allow enough room in the front and back. Some shoes come marked with narrow or wide width, see what feels more comfortable.
- Choose airy, breathable materials such as leather, perforated leather or canvas.
- Switch your shoes every day to allow them to dry.
- Consider using an antifungal spray or simply sprinkle some corn starch or baby powder in the soles of the shoes.
Keep in mind that once the infections are imbedded in the nail, they often become resistant to treatment. But, rest assured! Here at Paul S. DeMarco, DPM, we know how to help you and kick start you on the road to clean and healthy feet. You will surely benefit from being under the care and guidance of Dr. DeMarco and his lovely staff who are highly trained professionals and they will delight you with their gentle and caring approach. Dr. Paul S. DeMarco is board certified with the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and has been trained in the latest in foot and ankle medical and surgical techniques.
Dr. Paul S. DeMarco specializes in using the cutting age Cutera™ GenesisPlus™ laser treatments. This FDA™-cleared procedure effectively treats unsightly fungal infections of the toenails, treats warts and promotes scar remodeling, and improves erythema and enhances restoration.
Schedule your appointment today by calling us at 609-927-4894 or by online appointment request. Our office is a serene oasis located on Shore Road in Somers Point, New Jersey and we serve Atlantic County, Cape May County, & the surrounding areas of the Jersey Shore.